Tuesday, October 5, 2010

a wedding in Boston


Boston has been one of my favorite cities since I was a kid.  For the last couple days I was fortunate to be there to see some old friends and photograph two of them getting married.  John and Libby met accidentally at a hotel the night before freshman orientation at Alfred University.  Within a week or so of school they were a happy couple.  Now, over seven years later they are still together and now, as of Sunday, Oct. 3rd, they are married.  I had a great time photographing the event and was really happy to sit at a table with a bunch of Alfred people.  The wedding was in a beautiful church in Cambridge and the reception was in the Boston Museum of Science.  After the museum closed for the night, they let us go around and photograph the wedding party for a half hour.  The next day I hung out with another Alfred friend, Zara, and we went to Boston's aquarium.  It was wonderful to see her, too. It has been three years since I saw a lot of these people, and it was so great to see how beautiful the women look and how adult they have all become.  I hope more Alfred people get married so I can keep having reunions like this.

a jellyfish

a lionfish

a clown fish

No comments:

Post a Comment