Monday, January 10, 2011

The Rosamond Gifford Zoo

Today I went to Syracuse's zoo with a couple friends from work.  The zoo is having a winter photo competition, and anyone who prints out a coupon saying that you want to participate can get in for free.  It is really a pretty good deal.  As always, I loved the giant bird room and the various primates.  Some other highlights included the otters, the zoo's wolf, and a lone wild starling.  Another great site, was one of the Siberian tigers as she kept running and then rolling around the snow.  I like some of the photos I took, but I'm not sure any are photo contest quality.  Let me know if you think I should enter any.
yellow billed cardinal
North American river otter
lemur
starling
skink
meerkat

3 comments:

  1. I think he Otter is the best one out of all of them for a winter contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv the one of the otter too! They are one of my favorite animals....That one should win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job D-man! I feel like you have a very good chance at winning :) I always forget about the zoo... I'm thinking of bringing Roni to Syracuse for a weekend and it'd be great to hit up there and the MOST!

    ReplyDelete