Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sterling Renaissance Festival 2011


Sterling Renaissance Festival Joust
Singing Pirate
A little known fact about myself is that I have a minor in Medieval and Renaissance studies.  Another one is that I used to work as a squire at the Sterling Renaissance Festival in Sterling, NY (http://www.sterlingfestival.com/).  Today I spent most of the day at the festival after having not been in a number of years.  It was a great experience.  I loved seeing some of the old performers and craftsman I remember from before, and it was cool to see acts and vendors that were new, or at least new to me.  I left with some homemade soap, an awesome hand-made wooden box, and some great memories.  Oh yeah, and some photographs, too.
The Mud Show is always a must see.

Daniel: Duke of Danger!  Handstand, while balancing a mug on his head.

Mud Show Kraken
Mud Show Medusa

No comments:

Post a Comment