Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweet Chariot Music Festival



Kahlil Sabbagh
A few years back I was visiting a bed and breakfast in St. Albans, Vermont.  In this small town, practically in Canada, I happened to meet Douglas Day.  His family was on a road trip through the US from California on there way to Maine.  I had no idea that when I started showing Doug my sketchbook of photos and drawings during breakfast that he would invite me to photograph at his music festival, which was just a few weeks later.  In August I finished my third year photographing the Sweet Chariot Music Festival on Swans Island, Maine (I missed 2010).  Every year has been an incredible experiance of fantastic music, great people, sea shanties, and a gorgeous setting. I had posted photos from this event before on my old website, but I am happy to announce that I have now finished a new public gallery of some of my favorite photos.  You can check them out at www.dustinangell.me/chariot  If your interested in the festival, here is the official site: www.sweetchariotmusicfestival.com 

To give you an idea of what its like to be a part of the festival, I'm also including on the blog a video I shot of an impromptu jam.


Moira Smiley, 2009
Denny Williams, 2011

1 comment:

  1. It IS the most amazing festival of music and art that one could conceive of!

    ReplyDelete