Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Baby and the Miracle of Photoshop


Since I am now a proud uncle, and it is Hudson's first Christmas next month, the job of taking holiday photos fell to me today.  My sister, Lindsay, really wanted studio portraits taken, unfortunately I don't have a studio anymore.  Since I didn't want my sister taking the little guy to another photographer, we decided to just wing it at my parents house.  We cleared off the table, used the natural light from the dining room window, and had my mom hold up a sheet as a backdrop.  These conditions were pretty lousy for a photo shoot, but it was all we had to work with, and I gave it my best shot.  In the end, we got some photos I really like.  I always do some digital editing with my photos, but today's shoot was an extreme case.  I'm including a couple of the original shots, so you can see how different the final photos are.



 This one was underexposed, and needed a bit of work on the background, too.

I couldn't resist putting this sequence up.  After photographing on the kitchen table we dressed him up in a Santa outfit and brought him to the park.  He isn't old enough to sit up by himself yet, so we tried propping him against a fence.  He didn't last more than a second before plopping over.  Don't worry, he was fine.  I can't wait to show them to him when he gets older.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! Love the santa shots!!! He will love them when he gets older or at least his other half will!!!!

    ReplyDelete