Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Howland's Island Park in Montezuma Wetland Area

Howland's Island at Montezuma
I'm always interested in new places in Central New York to take a hike for a couple hours and take some photos.  Recently I had the pleasure of finding just this kind of place.  Howland's Island is part of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex.  Montezuma is a park that many people know, but Howland's Isle is lesser known.  I imagine this is partly because it can be hard to find.  In fact, one of the final roads I was supposed to take was closed down.  Luckily, with some thoughtful driving I was able to find another way around.  If you can manage to find the place, it is well worth the visit.


Howland's Island at Montezuma




Purple flowers at Howland's Island


Howland's Island at Montezuma,
photo taken near a beaver dam
Howland's Island at Montezuma

No comments:

Post a Comment