Monday, September 6, 2010

Caitlin and Darren's Wedding

On Saturday one of my friends from college got married and I had the honor of photographing the wedding.  Caitlin was a fellow painter at Alfred University.  In fact, she is a fantastic artist.  She is also the kind of person you want to be around because she always makes you feel appreciated.  Her and Darren have been together since college.  He is a nice guy and the the two of them make a great couple.  I had a blast at the wedding.  Besides seeing those two and getting to hang out with their families, I also got to see some other Alfred friends I haven't seen in a while.  Some of them I hadn't seen since graduation three years ago.  It was great to talk with them and hear about what they are up to.

The wedding was in Oxford, NY, which is southwest of Syracuse by about an hour and forty minutes.  Oxford is a small town with some great scenery and good people.  Darren's father owns a nice plot of land called "Golden Acres," which is complete with a beautiful rolling hill, a big pond, and some apple trees that I'm guessing were part of an orchard at one time.  The ceremony took place in front of one of the trees and the reception was in a big tent.  For those who like a nice drive through the countryside, I recommend exploring the area.

Right up until the wedding the weather was uncertain.  Big dark rainclouds came in during the morning and forced the wedding crew to get everything inside.  But then, moments before the ceremony was to start, the clouds and sprinkles gave way to a beautiful day.  Everything was moved back outside and thankfully it stayed beautiful during the ceremony.  The lighting ended up really being great and I got a lot of shots I'm really happy with.  Please allow me to share a few of them with you.


1 comment:

  1. some of the pictures got cut off by this comment box, but they were nice I love the one on the bottom and the one of the pond.

    ReplyDelete