Monday, September 6, 2010

The Great New York State Fair

One of the best things about Syracuse is the Great New York State Fair.  While growing up here the coming of the fair was always a bittersweet experience, because it meant that the summer was over and school would be starting again.  As an adult I no longer have to worry about that.  In fact, it means that fall is coming, which is my favorite time of the year.  I love going to the fair.  I went yesterday, and I was one of 98,000 people!  I always make sure to see the butter sculpture and get some chocolate milk from the dairy building.  A few years ago I discovered the drums and performances at the Pan-Aftrican village.  This is definitely one of my favorite parts of the fair.  I took some photos and video from the performances.  You've got to check out the video to really get a feel for it.  Today I also saw the Kat McPhee concert.  I'm not an American Idol person, but she really has a great voice and she seems like a sweetheart.  I hope she continues to grow in popularity.






Adanfo Drumming and Dance Group



These human statues were great!

Butter sculpture and Beatles sand castle

1 comment:

  1. I didnt make it to the building this year glad you got pictures of the 2 things I missed!

    ReplyDelete